We’re celebrating online this year!
We may be celebrating a little differently this year, but we’re still celebrating! The City of Calgary has a number of different ideas for celebrating at home this year:
- Dress in red and white, you could wear your favourite Calgary team jersey or cowboy hat if you have one.
- Paint your face.
- Colour your way across Canada with CBC’s Great Canadian Colouring Book.
- Put up your Christmas or outdoor lights. Turn them on by 10 p.m. (sunset) on July 1 to join the Calgary Tower in lighting up our city.
- Decorate your house, yard or balcony in red and white. Display your Canada flag and show off your Canada-inspired family crafts.
- Listen to Canadian artists with CBC Calgary’s music playlist.
- Have a pancake breakfast with your family or outdoor picnic in your yard or balcony.
- Help support local business on July 1st, consider ordering your favourite local food for take-in.
For a full list of virtual events and activities, please see the City of Calgary page.
Canada.ca also has a fantastic Celebration Kit for interactive, creative and educational activities for the whole family. How awesome is that?!
Virtual Canada Day concert
Make sure your at-home Canada Day plans include watching the premiere of our Virtual Canada Day Celebration presented by CBC Calgary. Hosts: David Gray, Angela Knight, Doug Dirks and Rob Brown.
Musical performances by Calgary artists:
When: 10 p.m. on July 1
Smartphone and tablet users can catch a three minute augmented reality fireworks show. Point your device at the night sky and experience the same visual and sound effects as a real fireworks display! Alternatives are available for desktop and laptop users.
Virtual Canada Day with Fort Calgary
When: Throughout the day
This year, Fort Calgary will be gathering virtually, and will host some family-friendly activities and some guest speakers online for the Calgary community to access all day.
However you decide to celebrate our amazing nation, Whitehorn, be sure to remember the most important part: Stay safe, be patient, be kind 😉
Happy Earth Day, Neighbours!Today seems like a great day to share some ways we...
Bring us your non-perishable food items, empty bottles & cans, or cash...
March 25, 2021 at 7pmCouncillors George Chahal and Gian-Carlo Carra will be...