We want to know what you love about Whitehorn!
To celebrate our community, while maintaining social distancing, we’re going to run a week long contest for residents of Whitehorn to win a $50 gift card to a local restaurant or grocery store. We have four gift cards and some Telus swag baskets to give away! To enter the contest, submit a short video (10-seconds) about your favourite thing about Whitehorn to email@example.com by July 5th, 2020.
Winners will be announced on our website on July 10th, 2020.
- One submission per person
- In the email with the video please include your full name, email address, and home address.
- Only submissions from Whitehorn residents will be eligible for prizes
- Winners will be selected by a panel of Whitehorn Community Association board members, based on the creativity, community spirit, and clarity of their video.
- Whitehorn Community Association board members and their immediate family are not eligible for prizes.
- By submitting a video, you give permission to the Whitehorn Community Association to use your video in future community promotions.
- By entering the contest you agree receive communications from the Whitehorn Community Association regarding community updates and announcements (don’t worry, you can also unsubscribe at any time).
A very special thanks to our sponsors:
Pete Dejong, RE/MAX Realty Professional
Phone: 403-280-KEYS (5397)
Y and Z Contracting
Peregrine Arena Solutions
Helping serve the recreation community
Phone: (403) 894-1066
Vantage Tech Consulting
From the City of Calgary
We’re celebrating a little differently this year
The City of Calgary is celebrating Neighbour Day a little differently this year.
Neighbour Day began in 2014 to celebrate the incredible outpouring of support and generosity neighbours demonstrated after the 2013 floods. It has evolved into an annual celebration of what makes Calgary such a great city – our strong and caring communities. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever that Calgarians connect with our neighbours and support one another, but from a safe physical distance.
Visit calgary.ca/NeighbourDay to learn how you can get involved in this year’s celebrations.
Commit to three acts of kindness
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, social connectivity, mental health and community wellness are more important than ever. Calgarians are renowned for their acts of generosity during times of uncertainty, but sometimes, it can be difficult to know exactly how to help.
The City of Calgary is encouraging citizens to commit to three simple acts of kindness to support your neighbours, your community and the city. Visit calgary.ca/HelpingOthers to find ideas, volunteer opportunities, printable tools and resources, and other ways to give.
Be sure to share your acts of kindness on social media and to take part in these community-led movements that are gaining popularity for their positivity: #3Things4Neighbours, #AlbertaCares, #SupportLocalYYC and #yycHubs.
Take a walk around your Whitehorn community!!!!Hey Whitehorn, how about some...
We're so excited to officially open up the rink to residentsOur truly amazing...
We're handing out candy from 4-7pm or until we run out!It's almost Halloween...