Hey Whitehorn, our annual Community Cleanup is NEXT WEEK WOOHOO! Start pulling out all that junk you’ve been meaning to get rid!
Each year the City of Calgary Waste & Recycling Services and Community Strategies partner up with community associations to help residents get rid of unwanted household items and property waste.
This event saves residents a trip to the landfill for items that do not fit in their black carts and for residents that do not have cart service by providing three packer trucks with crews.
This service is free to all Calgarians.
We start first thing at 9am on Saturday, May 20th, 2023 and go until 1pm. Arrive early and be prepared for lineups! Please see the map below for instructions on how to line up.
Items for recycling:
- cell phones, cell phone batteries
- some home appliances (nothing with freon)
- home electronics
- large pieces of furniture
- Scrap metal
- TVs (LCD/CRT or plasma)
- Computer systems
- Computers (monitors, mice, keyboards, speakers)
- Computer parts (cables, cords, fans, power supplies, hard drives for destruction, CPU, ram chips and boards)
- Laptops, notebooks, tablets & e-readers
- Printers, fax machines, copiers, scanners
- Wires & cables
- Yard waste
- Car batteries
- Glass (e.g. window panes, glass table tops)
- Household appliances with Freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- Liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- Large metal items (e.g. lawnmowers, barbeques)
- Railway ties
- Sod or dirt
- Household hazardous waste including Propane tanks
- Automobile, cleaning, healthcare, and gardening chemicals