The contract is for a one-year term, with an option for an additional one-year term.
Please note this position is not with the Whitehorn Community Association. We are merely sharing this opportunity with the general public on behalf of the City of Calgary. Please use the contact information below should you have more questions.
The City of Calgary is looking for a temporary consultant to manage several public art projects in northeast Calgary. The consultant will act as the main point of contact in a series of City funded and Council directed art initiatives for northeast communities. This includes leading the artist selection process, concept review, detail design review, fabrication, installation and project completion. The consultant will have experience working with cultural organizations in northeast communities.
Activities include (please see attachment below for additional information):
- Acting as the lead point of contact, including planning and management of overarching program for public art being delivered in northeast Calgary in 2021-2023, e.g. regular reporting to the Public Art Program; budget tracking; tracking of accounts payable; vendor management, etc.;
- implementation of individual public art projects, including management of project managers (when needed), artist selection using a selection panel, concept review using a selection panel, and if applicable, detail design review, fabrication, installation and project close-out;
Please be aware, prior to confirmation of award, the selected candidate will be required to:
- Confirm status as a company (or sole-proprietorship);
- Complete a Scope and Fee contract defining project deliverables and payment schedule;
- Sign a City of Calgary Professional Services Provider Agreement which includes Consulting General Conditions.
This contract is for a one-year term, with an option for an additional one-year term. All work to be performed in Calgary.
Submissions must be received before March 1st at 4:30:59 p.m. Find out more about this opportunity and how to apply on Alberta Purchasing Connection (a free service that will prompt you to register). We have attached position information below but to apply, you must use the Alberta Purchasing Connection link. For further inquiries, please contact:
Public Art Project Coordinator
Arts & Culture
City of Calgary